6.4.12

NARS 'ALHAMBRA' EYESHADOW

My first encounter with Nars products was when i had enrolled for my makeup course. The lady teaching would use whatever products she used and was very generous, regardless of how expensive her products were, that's what the students used as well. She usually used eye-shadows wet, and that's what she taught me as well. Very valuable lessons, which no book or you tube tutorial can teach.

Anyways so during these classes i got the chance to use Nars eye-shadows. When working with other eye-shadows you start realizing the difference in textures and use. Nars eye-shadows are very pigmented and fine. Thus the color you use in the palette is usually what you will end up getting after a layer or two.

Unfortunately Nars products have been taken off from all stores in the Middle east without any clear reason. It has been more than a year. So my only resort was to order online, but luckily my brother was travelling to Thailand and he was generous enough to go and fulfill my wishlist.

The product i will be reviewing is Alhambra. Its an eye-shadow duo that consists of 'Metallic Rose Mist' and 'Golden Champagne' . Both the colors have shimmer in them and are pale colors. Metallic rose pink is silvery pale pink as its name suggests and Golden champagne is gold with copper-ish tones. Metallic rose pink is quite close if not absilutely the same as Mac's eyeshadow ;'All that Glitters' . They both are good lid colors and Metallic Rose Mist can also be used as a higlighter.
Metallic Rose Mist/ Golden Champagne

Under different light

On finger tips
Metallic Rose mist/ Golden champagne

I wanted to do a quick comparison. Body shop SHIMMER WAVES 02 comes pretty close to Metallic pink of Nars, but less pigmented. Mac ' All that Glitters ' seemed to look extremely close  to Metallic Pink mist of Nars. 



Not the best picture ever, but Body shop product seems more shimmery comparativly whereas Nars and Mac products seem identical.

Price U$ 34
Availability : Not available in Dubai / Middleeast

Website :Nars Alhambra

Hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful.
Would love to hear your feedback.
Thank you 


Hope you 


1 comment:

  1. I had gained a lot of weight after having my son,
    and trying to lose it on my own, wasn't as easy as it was when I had my daughter. I never lost weight this fast, almost 90 pounds here since March 9, not even six months yet. There are countless rapid weight loss diet plans and they seem to be doing some good to one celebrity or the other.

    My website - lose weight

    ReplyDelete