17.4.12

M.A.C BRUSH CLEANSER

If you love makeup, you will also know of the need to keep your brushes clean and hygienic. So today I will be reviewing MAC Brush Cleanser.


So this bottle holds approximately 235ml of pink liquid cleanser for your brushes. When i went to MAC counter the SA asked me if i knew how to use this product. Since it was my first time purchase , I replied negative. So the following is similar to the demo of what i got on how to use this product. My brush has some leftover blush on it. its peach-ish pink [ sorry for the poor image quality, i am kind of lacking in photography skills. As long as you can detect the peach pink you should be ok]


So according to the SA , just take a wad of tissue or thick napkin dampen it with some MAC brush cleanser liquid..


take your make up brush and go back and forth on the napkin till you have gotten rid of all the makeup 


The blush that i managed to get rid off on the tissue below..



As I said the image quality lacks, the ends of the make up brush's' bristles were cleaned up , but residue still remained inside of the brush bristles.....


Since I wasn't totally satisfied with how clean my makeup brush was, I decided to follow instructions at the back of the bottle which simply stated ' Apply to damp brushes, work through and rinse well". So, that's what i tried next, the result is the picture below which I STILL was not satisfied with.........



So, i resorted to my last and true method of simply shampooing my brushes. I used Herbal essences since its meant to be quite strong. I took a plastic bowl, filled it with warm water and shampoo, dunked the brush in, worked the bristles with my fingers and rinsed. And Voila! We have finally got our brush all nice and clean.



Availability: All M.A.C counters
Price : 70 AED

 Verdict: I am not happy with MAC brush cleanser since it is quite inefficient to use. The method shown by the SA doesn't really manage to get rid of all the accumulated powder on the makeup brush. Secondly, working through each and every single brush with the liquid seems to be a lot of waste of time. Therefore i rarely use the M.A.C make up cleanser since it is very time consuming and doesn't even deliver results. I find the shampoo method more convenient and effective.

Do you own this product? Did it work for you? Share your thoughts......
Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment